Onsite registration will be available during the following times in Hunter Hall at the Alumni House:
- Thursday, Oct. 7: noon-5 p.m.
- Friday, Oct. 8: 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 9: 9 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
On-site registration for events in the Sunken Garden will be available during each event as well.
If you have any questions and would like to talk to someone in person, please call our Homecoming hotline at 757-221-1750.
Cancellations may be made prior to Sept. 22, after which no refunds will be made.
Registering for and attending events at William & Mary conveys a shared expectation of abiding by university policy, which is subject to change as conditions warrant. As of September 21, 2021, those requirements include appropriately masking indoors in shared spaces, except when actively eating or drinking. Masks outdoors are optional and encouraged in large gatherings. Vaccination is required of all William & Mary students, faculty and staff, and it is strongly encouraged for all external visitors in alignment with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance. We create these shared expectations of event participants in keeping with William & Mary’s core values of Belonging within this community and Respect for one another as individuals, and in recognition of the risks inherent to gathering amid pandemic.
Alumni and friends are welcome to stay any property of their choosing in the Greater Williamsburg Area. Please note, this year we are not offering hotel blocks for reunion years. However, many of the area hotels offer discounts for Homecoming & Reunion Weekend. Several area hotels are listed on the university accommodations page.
When you arrive on campus, please check in at the newly expanded Alumni House and pick up your nametag, class button and other giveaways. Your nametag will include your scannable ticket to Homecoming events. Staff will also be available to answer any questions you may have about the weekend’s events.
There will be a limited number of complementary special edition Homecoming posters available for those who check in at the Alumni House! Be sure to check in early to snag your collectible poster.
Thursday, 12-5 p.m.
Alumni House – Hunter Hall
Friday, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Alumni House – Hunter Hall
Saturday, 9 a.m.–6:30 p.m.
Alumni House – Hunter Hall
On-site registration for evening events in the Sunken Garden will be available during each event as well, but name tags, class buttons and posters will only be available at the Alumni House.
Due to high traffic volume during Homecoming, there is limited 15-minute temporary and handicap parking near the Alumni House on Thursday and Friday to accommodate registration.
For additional information or for handicapped parking information, please contact Parking Services at 757-221-4764.
Amtrak serves the Williamsburg Transportation Center with a connecting train from Washington, D.C.
From the Richmond Airport and points west:
- Interstate 64 East
- Exit 234 to the right (199 East)
- Travel 8 miles, then turn left down Jamestown Road
From the Norfolk Airport and points east:
- Interstate 64 West
- Exit 242-A (199 West)
- Travel 5.2 miles, then turn right down Jamestown Road
William & Mary does not have a preferred transportation partner, but below are several options for travel when in town.
- Cardinal Cabs: 757-345-5557
- Colonial Capital Cabs: 757-345-2224
- Historic Taxi: 757-258-7755
- Williamsburg Taxi Services: 757-221-0004 (Open 24 Hours)
- Triangle Taxi: 757-564-6969
- Best Taxi: 757-358-7151
Uber or Lyft
Either app can be downloaded through the App Store or Google Play.
Once you tap Request, make your way to the ground transportation area marked for Uber and Lyft. This is where your driver will pick you up.
Pro tip: Check that your driver’s license plate, photo and name match what’s in the app. This is a highly trafficked pickup zone, so you want to be sure you’re in the right car!
*William & Mary and the W&M Alumni Association assume no responsibility in the event any of the above services are utilized.
William & Mary has an ongoing contract with Williamsburg Area Transit Authority (WATA) to provide bus services for William & Mary students, faculty, and staff.
The campus bus system is designated the Green Line. It provides a bus dedicated to daily transportation throughout campus seven days a week. The Green Line also provides a connection with other lines (Red, Blue, and Trolley) in the greater Williamsburg area through buses on a circuit loop, every 30 minutes.
Wristbands will be issued at various events for participants who wish to consume alcohol.
- Individuals must provide photo ID with proof of age to pick up his/her wristband when consuming alcohol.
- Wristbands are not transferable.
- Do not remove your wristband for the duration of the event.
- If you lose your wristband, replacements are available at the registration site for a $1 fee. However, if your wristband is damaged, bring it with you to registration and a replacement will be provided free of charge. Replacements are limited to one per person.
For additional questions not answered on this page, please call 757-221-1750 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have special mobility or dietary needs, please note those in your registration or call 757-221-1750.
William & Mary’s dynamic campus life, including events, traditions and intercollegiate athletics, helps strengthen our vibrant community.
The majority of this year’s Homecoming & Reunion Weekend events will take place outside or in open-sided tents. As of September 21, 2021, those requirements include appropriately masking indoors in shared spaces, except when actively eating or drinking. Masks outdoors are optional and encouraged in large gatherings. Vaccination is required of all William & Mary students, faculty and staff, and it is strongly encouraged for all external visitors in alignment with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance. We create these shared expectations of event participants in keeping with William & Mary’s core values of Belonging within this community and Respect for one another as individuals, and in recognition of the risks inherent to gathering amid pandemic.
In addition to the masking policy, signature events during Homecoming will employ the following mitigation strategies for food service:
- All serving stations will be placed outdoors or in an open-sided tent.
- All food will be individually packaged or served by staff in masks and gloves.
- Seated meals will have reduced capacities and/or social distancing.
Event attendees should also consider some precautions:
- Forego attending events if you’re feeling sick.
- Maintain proper use of masks, replacing your mask promptly after eating and drinking.
- Full vaccination is in the best interest of the health of the W&M community. William & Mary is requiring COVID-19 vaccination for all students, faculty and staff, unless an express medical or religious exemption applies. We encourage our guests to do the same.
Updates will be posted here and on W&M’s Path Forward website.